This course is open to instrumental musicians interested in performing in an ensemble with a focus on entertainment. The course is an extension of the other instrumental ensemble classes (concert band, orchestra) or the piano lab. The practical and theoretical concepts learned in the other courses are expanded upon in this one making concurrent enrolled essential and mandatory. The athletic band performs at many school athletic events and rallies, as well as community events every year.
- There is no formal audition but concurrent enrollment in concert band, orchestra, or piano lab is required.
- Attendance and Participation in Class
Students are expected to be punctual, come with all required materials, and demonstrate appropriate rehearsal etiquette
- Attendance and Participation in Performances
Students are expected to be punctual, dress appropriately, and conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Instrument (a limited number of school-owned instruments are available)
- Appropriate Performance Attire (Music T-shirt and jeans)
- 1-inch three-ring binder to be used as a note book
- Rehearsal Pencil
- Sheet music and materials from the concurrently enrolled ensemble class