Welcome to the official website of the C.K. McClatchy High School Music Program. Here you will find information about our ensembles, director, boosters, and coming events. Our program is part of the new Visual And Performing Arts (VAPA) Academy whose goal is to prepare young artist for careers and a life in the arts.
Located in Sacramento California’s beautiful Land Park community, C.K. McClatchy High School is part of the Sacramento City Unified School District.
A Note From The Director
The 2017-2018 year is in full swing. The band has performed several times already including a private concert for a CKM alumnus from the class of 1940. All of the ensembles are preparing music for multiple performances including Homecoming, the auditorium’s Gala Opening concert, and Holiday concerts. We are delighted to be rehearsing in our new rooms and are looking forward to performing on our new stages.
We’ve also taken on our first large-scale fundraiser of the year – our annual mattress sale. This fundraiser and others like it are essential to helping us meet out financial goals. The funds raised cover the cost of music coach stipends, music literature, equipment and instrument replacement, as well as the unexpected costs that come with travel. With a growing program, two regional trips this year, and the big trip to Disney World in Florida next year we need successful fundraising campaigns. I am confident that together we will exceed our goals.
Please take some time to read the information below – it includes the details you need to help us have a productive year.
2017-2018 Events Calendar
Our entire 2017-2018 events calendar is now online. Note that some dates are subject to change pending the preparedness of the new facilities.
2017-18 School Year Music Program Participation Donations
Our program is asking for voluntary donations to cover the cost of the items, services, and events on the following list:
- McClatchy Music Baseball T-Shirt (optional): $13 – Students are expected to wear this shirt at informal events. Shirts will be provided to students who can’t purchase one.
- McClatchy Music Parent Polo Shirt (optional): $25
- McClatchy Music Hoodie (optional): $35
- McClatchy Music 2017-18 Trip#1 (optional):
An American In Paris, the Musical
$25 due by Friday March 2, 2018
- McClatchy Music 2017-18 Trip#2 (optional)
Great America Theme Park
$45 due by Friday May 4, 2018
- General Donation to the McClatchy Music Program (optional)
All Donations collected by Mr. Muñoz at the school.
Make Checks Out To: CKM Music Boosters
We are planning a trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida over the 2018 Thanksgiving Break – Sunday November 18 through Saturday November 24. The cost is $2,175 per participant (based on four-to-a-room occupancy) and a few complimentary chaperone passes are available. A “good faith” payment of $250 is due on Friday October 6, 2017 to reserve a spot (see full payment schedule below). Consider joining us on this once in a lifetime trip.
Trip amenities include:
- Round Trip Airfare
- Six Night Accommodations in a Disney World Resort Hotel
- All Meals while in the resort
- Thanksgiving Dinner cooked by Disney World Chefs served in a Disney Park
- Ground Transportation
- 24-Hour Tour Director
- Admission to All Four Disney World Theme Park & Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Tickets to a performance by Cirque Du Soleil
- A Performance in the Resort
- A Clinic/Workshop by a Disney World Musician
Trip Payment Schedule:
- Payment # 1 (Good Faith Payment): $250.00 Due by Friday October 6, 2017
- Payment #2: $300.00 Due by Friday December 1, 2017
- Payment #3: $300.00 Due by Friday February 2, 2018
- Payment #4: $300.00 Due by Friday April 6, 2018
- Payment #5: $350.00 Due by Friday June 1, 2018
- Payment #6: $350.00 Due by Friday September 7, 2018
- Payment #7: $325.00 Due by Friday October 5, 2018
All Donations collected by Mr. Muñoz at the school
Make Checks Out To: CKM Music Boosters
Do you know that you can contribute to the McClatchy Music Boosters every time you shop on Amazon.com? Simply go to Smile.Amazon.com and select the McClatchy Music Boosters as your designated charity. When you shop, always start at smile.amazon.com and when you make a purchase a part of the money will go directly to support our music program!
The Grand Plan
We are collecting donations in an effort to purchase a new grand piano for our newly renovated auditorium. We are calling our financial drive “The Grand Plan”. If you are interested in making a donation please contact us using the link at the top of this page or send a check made out to CKM Music Boosters to:
McClatchy High School
Attn: Music Program
3066 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95818
Every donation helps and you may use our tax ID number – FEIN: 237313518 – for your records.
Attention CKM Music Alumni
Click on the alumni page to find out about upcoming performances and ways in which you can get your hands on nostalgic items.